Endeavour Inlet Conservation Trust
We are a community-driven initiative creating and supporting conservation projects in the hills surrounding Endeavour Inlet, in the Queen Charlotte Sound.
Our aims through the EICT are to protect and enhance the natural eco-systems and heritage values of Endeavour Inlet and the surrounding areas within the Marlborough Sounds for the benefit of the community, visitors and the public and, in particular, to
- Protect and enhance the native flora and fauna in Endeavour Inlet and surrounding Sounds
- Identify and assist in the conservation of ecosystems in Endeavour Inlet and surrounding Sounds
- Raise awareness of the community, visitors and the public of the value of natural ecosystems and their restoration needs
- Undertake animal and plant pest control in Endeavour Inlet and surrounding Sounds
- Work with the Department of Conservation (DOC) and tangata whenua to assume any guardianship role relevant to the purpose of the Trust
- Identify and protect heritage values of Endeavour Inlet and surrounding Sounds;
- Work with DOC, Marlborough District Council and other trusts and conservation agencies to ensure that the Trust’s activities are compatible
- Coordinate volunteer activities to carry out the work of the Trust
- Raise funds for the purposes of the Trust
- Promote education about the protection and enhancement of native flora and fauna in Endeavour Inlet and surrounding Sounds.